Broccoli Quiche Recipe
My mother passed down this quiche recipe to me. She has been making it for over 30 years. You can serve it for brunch, lunch and even dinner. Any leftover quiche can be frozen and reheated in the microwave later.—Bridget Corbett, Valdosta, Georgia
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute broccoli and onion in butter until onion is tender. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, whisk the cream, eggs, mayonnaise, flour, broth, salt, nutmeg and pepper; stir in the cheese and broccoli mixture. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 622 calories, 53 g fat (24 g saturated fat), 214 mg cholesterol, 698 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Quiche
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC