My mother passed down this quiche recipe to me. She has been making it for over 30 years. You can serve it for brunch, lunch and even dinner. Any leftover quiche can be frozen and reheated in the microwave later.—Bridget Corbett, Valdosta, Georgia
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large skillet, saute broccoli and onion in butter until onion is tender. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, whisk the cream, eggs, mayonnaise, flour, broth, salt, nutmeg and pepper; stir in the cheese and broccoli mixture. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Quiche in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p90
Reviews for Broccoli Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 29, 2016
"This was so yummy! Great flavor and consistency. Will make again."