This dish tastes like you fussed over it for hours, but it's actually easy. It's perfect for family dinners and also nice enough to serve company. Our dairy operation can keep me busy, so any dish that can be prepared in a hurry and also tastes great is a blessing to this farm wife!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 medium head of broccoli, cut into 2-inch x 1-inch pieces
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 5 ounces processed cheese spread, cubed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf oregano
- 1/2 pound ground beef or bulk Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Cook garlic until browned; discard garlic. Add broccoli, red pepper, onion, mushrooms and celery; cook, stirring constantly, until tender/crisp.
- Add the milk, cubed cheese, Parmesan cheese and oregano, cooking and stirring until cheese melts. Add meat if desired. Serve over hot, cooked pasta. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Primavera with Cheese Sauce in Country Woman May/June 1989, p29
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Broccoli Primavera with Cheese Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review