My family insists that this two-in-one casserole makes an appearance at all of our special meals. Every bite is doubly delicious!
- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 4-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until smooth. Fold in half of the onions. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, forming a shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cook broccoli in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. Place in the potato shell. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Potato Supreme in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p56
Reviews for Broccoli Potato Supreme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2014
"My whole household loved this dish. It was easy and delicious. I would take this to potluck and serve at family gatherings. It is a wonderful way to dress up broccoli."
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2012
"The broccoli gave it a strong taste and smell."