- 3 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) French-fried onions, divided
- 4-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until smooth. Fold in half of the onions. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, forming a shell. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cook broccoli in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. Place in the potato shell. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onions. Bake 10 minutes longer. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBroccoli Potato Supreme
"My whole household loved this dish. It was easy and delicious. I would take this to potluck and serve at family gatherings. It is a wonderful way to dress up broccoli."
"The broccoli gave it a strong taste and smell."