Broccoli Potato Soup Recipe
In Valparaiso, Indiana, Barbara Baker relies on a few handy ingredients to make canned soup taste just like homemade. The creamy mixture that results is hearty with chunks of broccoli and potato.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute broccoli and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, milk, water, basil and pepper; heat through. Add cheese; stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 174 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 709 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC