In Valparaiso, Indiana, Barbara Baker relies on a few handy ingredients to make canned soup taste just like homemade. The creamy mixture that results is hearty with chunks of broccoli and potato.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute broccoli and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, milk, water, basil and pepper; heat through. Add cheese; stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Potato Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p11
Reviews for Broccoli Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review