- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute broccoli and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, milk, water, basil and pepper; heat through. Add cheese; stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Potato Soup
"I make this really often now with frozen broccoli, substituting evaporated skim milk for all the liquid and adding canned corn. I also sprinkle in some crushed dried red pepper for a little extra zip!"
"I used a bag of frozen broccoli and just thawed it in the microwave for a few minutes while sauteing the onions. This soup tasted great!"
"Very good for a quick meal to serve along with grilled sandwiches."
"So easy and delicious! I do substitute chicken broth for the water."
"This was a great lunch, served with warm rolls. I will be making this again--it was just delicious."
"I ran the cooked broccoli,onion, milk, and water thru the blender before adding the potaot soup. This recipe was nice for just three of us."