- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute broccoli and onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, milk, water, basil and pepper; heat through. Add cheese; stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Potato Soup
Sort By :
"Very good for a quick meal to serve along with grilled sandwiches."
"So easy and delicious! I do substitute chicken broth for the water."
"This was a great lunch, served with warm rolls. I will be making this again--it was just delicious."
"I ran the cooked broccoli,onion, milk, and water thru the blender before adding the potaot soup. This recipe was nice for just three of us."
"Wow! Excellent soup! It was just enough for just my husband and I. Usually when I cook, I always make too much, but this recipe is perfect for just two people :)"