I LOVE POTATOES prepared in any way. I came up with this recipe by combining two recipes for broccoli and potato "latkes".
These are easy to prepare and make a delicious side dish.
Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen finely chopped broccoli
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 eggs
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large baking potato, peeled
- Vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine broccoli and boiling water. Let stand for 5
- minutes; drain thoroughly. In another bowl, beat eggs. Add onions,
- flour, salt and pepper; mix well. Add broccoli. Just before cooking,
- finely shred potato; add to broccoli mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat about 1/4 in. of oil over medium-high heat.
- Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls into skillet. Fry over medium heat for
- 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 301 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 319 mg cholesterol, 708 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein.