These fluffy mashed potatoes, with a mild broccoli flavor, make a colorful side dish for any entree.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/3 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potato in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender,
- adding broccoli during the last 4 minutes.
- Drain potato and broccoli; mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 142 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.