Broccoli Pork Stir-Fry Recipe
“I downsized this handy one-pot recipe years ago for my husband and me,” writes Wendy Nuis from Stokes Bay, Ontario. “It's delicious, versatile and so easy to double when company comes.” TIP: “Try substituting Italian sausage for pork or adding extra veggies for more color and nutrition,” Wendy says.
- 1 package (3 ounces) pork ramen noodles
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 3 green onions (white portion only), sliced
- Set aside 1 teaspoon of seasoning from seasoning packet (discard remaining seasoning or save for another use). Break noodles into small pieces and place in a microwave-safe dish; add warm water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, garlic powder, pepper flakes and reserved seasoning. Stir in the cold water, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil; stir-fry pork and mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and red pepper. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender and pork is no longer pink. Stir cornstarch mixture and stir into skillet. Add noodles and onions. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Pork Stir-Fry in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p48
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Broccoli Pork Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2010
Good and filling but could use more flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >