Everyone seems to enjoy pie for dessert. But I surprised my family the first time I brought this pie to the table as the main course! They loved it and asked for it again and again.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli, cooked
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie pastry (9 inches)
- In a skillet, saute onion in oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; add eggs, broccoli, cheeses, salt and nutmeg. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Pie in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p54
Reviews for Broccoli Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review