Broccoli-Pasta Side Dish
I love to fix new recipes for my husband, Robert, and our children. With garlic and cheese, this is a tasty way to get kids to eat broccoli.—Judi Lacourse, Mesa, Arizona
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces linguine or thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Cut florets and tender parts of broccoli stems into bite-size pieces.
- In a large skillet, saute broccoli with garlic, oil, butter, salt,
- pepper and cayenne over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until
- just tender, stirring frequently. Place hot pasta in a serving dish;
- top with the broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 313 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 464 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 11 g protein.