Broccoli Parmesan Recipe
Jessie Sarrazin of Livingston, Montana shares her oh-so-easy side dish that goes great with almost any entrée. Use less basil for a subtle flavor, and more for a stronger Italian taste.
- 1 medium bunch broccoli (1-1/2 pounds), cut into spears
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broccoli and broth to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in basil and pepper. Drain broccoli and place in a serving bowl; add onion mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 61 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli Parmesan
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC