Broccoli Orange Salad Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 medium bunch)
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, optional
- 1. In a heavy saucepan, combine egg, sugar, honey, mustard and cornstarch with a whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in water and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160° and mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise, sour cream and butter until blended. Cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine broccoli, cashews, cheese, oranges, raisins, bacon and onion if desired. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 290 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Orange Salad
"Absolutely outstanding! The dressing is just sweet enough without being too sweet and the other ingredients are varied enough that each bite tickles the palette in a different way."
"A different twist on broccoli salad. The dressing is de-lish! Makes a great summer salad or as a side dish when company's coming."
"I took this to a family get- together and they all want the receipe. Yummy"
"So good. Easy to make. Always a hit!"
"I have been making this salad for a couple of years now and I absolutely love it! It is a great change for the usual Broccoli Salad."