- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 medium bunch)
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, well drained
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, optional
- In a heavy saucepan, combine egg, sugar, honey, mustard and cornstarch with a whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in water and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160° and mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise, sour cream and butter until blended. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine broccoli, cashews, cheese, oranges, raisins, bacon and onion if desired. Just before serving, add dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Orange Salad
Sort By :
"Absolutely outstanding! The dressing is just sweet enough without being too sweet and the other ingredients are varied enough that each bite tickles the palette in a different way."
"A different twist on broccoli salad. The dressing is de-lish! Makes a great summer salad or as a side dish when company's coming."
"I took this to a family get- together and they all want the receipe. Yummy"
"So good. Easy to make. Always a hit!"
"I have been making this salad for a couple of years now and I absolutely love it! It is a great change for the usual Broccoli Salad."