Broccoli-Nut Stuffing Bake
Many years ago, a co-worker brought this great vegetable side dish to a potluck luncheon. Made with stuffing mix and accented with walnuts, it's appropriate for a holiday dinner or any meal.
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 3 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into spears or 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup water
- Place broccoli in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a
- saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter; stir in flour and bouillon until
- blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Pour over broccoli. Combine stuffing and walnuts. Heat
- water and remaining butter until melted; toss with stuffing mixture.
- Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered at 400° for 15-18
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 439 calories, 33 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,028 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein.