- 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in skillet, saute minced garlic in oil until tender. Add broccoli; saute for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the mushrooms, thyme, pepper and salt if desired; saute for 2-3 minutes. Drain the noodles and add to the broccoli mixture. Stir gently over low heat until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Noodle Side Dish in Taste of Home February/March 1997, p11
Reviews for Broccoli Noodle Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
Reviewed Mar. 25, 2009
"Simple and delish!It doesn't have much flavor, but Im a huge broccoli fan so I still loved it. Next time I'm going to add more thyme and maybe a hint of fresh lemon juice."