Broccoli n Tomato Pasta Recipe
- 3 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet or Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add spaghetti; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add broccoli; boil 3-4 minutes longer or until pasta and broccoli are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the tomatoes, garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 2 minutes. Drain pasta mixture; add to the skillet. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 348 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Broccoli n Tomato Pasta
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.