Fresh tomatoes and broccoli add pretty color to this hearty spaghetti dish from Lillian Justis of Woodbine, New Jersey.
- 3 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add spaghetti; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add broccoli; boil 3-4 minutes longer or until pasta and broccoli are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the tomatoes, garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 2 minutes. Drain pasta mixture; add to the skillet. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli n Tomato Pasta in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p19
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Broccoli n Tomato Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review