- 3 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add spaghetti; boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add broccoli; boil 3-4 minutes longer or until pasta and broccoli are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, saute the tomatoes, garlic and pepper flakes in oil for 2 minutes. Drain pasta mixture; add to the skillet. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Broccoli n Tomato Pasta
Sort By :
"Surprisingly Simple. I had to make do with what was in my cabinet at the time, so the only thing fresh I had was the tomatoes from the garden(cherry). And it was perfect, even my picky kids loved this dish."
"Family loved it! I didn't peel or seed the tomatoes and it was great, the tomatoes juices created a nice sauce! May try to add kale or spinach next time!"