This recipe is a fresh flavorful vegetable dish. People will think you fussed when you offer this elegant skillet side dish.—Cherie Sechrist, Red Lion, Pennsylvania
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Steam broccoli for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold
- water and set aside. In a bowl, combine lemon juice, salt if
- desired, sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok over high heat, stir-fry mushrooms, onion
- and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and lemon juice
- mixture; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Stir immediately. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared without salt) equals 88 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.