Broccoli-Mushroom Medley Recipe
This recipe is a fresh flavorful vegetable dish. People will think you fussed when you offer this elegant skillet side dish.—Cherie Sechrist, Red Lion, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1. Steam broccoli for 1-2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water and set aside. In a bowl, combine lemon juice, salt if desired, sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok over high heat, stir-fry mushrooms, onion and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and lemon juice mixture; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Stir immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 88 calories, 5g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 22mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli-Mushroom Medley
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC