I take this dish to Thanksgiving family gatherings, and it's requested every year. —Cynthia Edmiston, Sullivan's Island, South Carolina
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup crushed baked potato chips
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, mushrooms, broccoli and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the soup, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, egg whites, egg, mustard, pepper and 3/4 cup cheddar cheese. Drain vegetables; stir into soup mixture.
- Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with potato chips and remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Mushroom Casserole in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p46
Reviews for Broccoli Mushroom Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2010
"This is a GREAT recipe!"
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2010
"This is so delicious and easy to make. My family is already asking me to make again."