I got bored with the same old breakfast casseroles I'd see at our monthly moms' meeting, so I decided to create something new. Judging by the reactions of the other moms, I think I have a winner. —Shannon Koene, Blacksburg, Virginia
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli with cheese sauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Cut each biscuit into eight pieces; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with mushroom mixture.
- Cook broccoli with cheese sauce according to package directions. Spoon over mushroom mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Mushroom Bubble Bake in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p38
Reviews for Broccoli-Mushroom Bubble Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review