- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli with cheese sauce
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender.
- Cut each biscuit into eight pieces; place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with mushroom mixture.
- Cook broccoli with cheese sauce according to package directions. Spoon over mushroom mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli-Mushroom Bubble Bake
"I added thinly sliced deli ham and used baby spinach I needed to use up instead of the broccoli. Delicious!"
"My husband makes breakfast Saturday mornings and I requested this and it was so good and just enough for the two of us. Next time he says he will add some sausage to the mix"
"This is such a fun thing to have happen. Every year I buy a subscription to Taste of Home or Simple and Delicious for a few friends. I just love it when they send me an e-mail all excited about a new recipe they have found and loved. And boy did I agree with my BFF that this broccoli dish was great. I had to use a mixture (half of each) of the colby cheese with shredded swiss to cut down on the sodium for my family but it was still great."