With lots of cheese, this broccoli and mushroom casserole never lasts long on the dinner table. You can serve this alongside many entrees.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Stir in the flour, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low; stir in the cheeses until smooth (sauce will be thick). Fold in the broccoli and mushrooms.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Mushroom Bake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p56
Reviews for Broccoli Mushroom Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2015
"i liked the combination of mushrooms and broccoli, two of my favorite vegetables."