Because my family loves muffins, I'm always on the lookout for new variations. When I tried these nutritional muffins the first time, they were really a hit and became a favorite addition to our big family meals.
Recommended: 26 Muffin Cup Recipes
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped fresh broccoli, blanched
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, mix milk, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in broccoli and cheese.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Broccoli Muffins in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p54
Reviews for Broccoli Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2013
"very good muffins, loved tham on the firest bite"
Reviewed May. 22, 2008
"no flavor except a hint of sweet? Very nice texture and appearance so I'll try them again with the addition of some cayenne, mustard and perhaps ground pepper."