Broccoli Meat Roll Recipe
Most folks are surprised to see inside this meat loaf. But this versatile vegetable pairs nicely with the ham and cheese. - Diane Burling, Pingree, North Dakota.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 package (2-1/2 ounces) thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, ketchup, bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and oregano. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. On a piece of heavy-duty foil, pat beef mixture into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Top with broccoli to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with remaining salt. Top with ham. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°; drain. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1 minute longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 269 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 793 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Meat Roll
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC