Broccoli Mashed Potatoes Recipe
In Charlotte, North Carolina, Jim Hadley makes mashed potatoes with a twist--he adds broccoli to the mix! "I get rave reviews whenever I serve this low-fat dish," he writes.
- 1-1/2 pounds small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 2 fresh broccoli spears
- 1-2/3 cups chopped onions
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove broccoli florets from stems. Peel stems and cut into 1/4-in. slices; cut slices in half. Add florets and stems to potatoes; cook 10-12 minutes longer or until potatoes and broccoli are tender; drain
- 2. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onions until tender. Drain potato mixture. Add onions, sour cream, salt and pepper; mash. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 119 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch
Reviews for Broccoli Mashed Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC