In Charlotte, North Carolina, Jim Hadley makes mashed potatoes with a twist--he adds broccoli to the mix! "I get rave reviews whenever I serve this low-fat dish," he writes.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 1-1/2 pounds small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 2 fresh broccoli spears
- 1-2/3 cups chopped onions
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes. Remove broccoli florets from stems. Peel stems and cut into 1/4-in. slices; cut slices in half. Add florets and stems to potatoes; cook 10-12 minutes longer or until potatoes and broccoli are tender; drain
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onions until tender. Drain potato mixture. Add onions, sour cream, salt and pepper; mash. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Mashed Potatoes in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p46
Reviews for Broccoli Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review