Broccoli Mac & Cheese Bake Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed cornbread-flavored crackers (about 6 crackers)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 3-4 minutes; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt until smooth; gradually stir in evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups cheese.
- Place half of the macaroni and broccoli in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Mac & Cheese Bake
Sort By :
"This is pretty good! I used Ritz crackers. I'll make it again, but probably not for company. Good as a last minute thing. Usually have all of the ingredients on hand!"
"So easy to make and my kids ate all of it. I'll definitely be making this dish again."
"I added 1/2 cup of Parmesan because I only had 2 cups of cheddar. I also added 1 plank of salmon (cooked and shredded). Instead of layering it, I mixed all the ingredients together. And I used garlic butter Keebler crackers. It turned out great!"
"Great recipe-so easy to put together. I love the addition of broccoli to the mix too. I didn't have corn bread crackers, so I used crushed whole wheat crackers-they worked great.It's not one I'll make often because it's so rich and not very figure friendly, but when we're in the mood for a decadent mac and cheese? I'll be reaching for this recipe again."
"Excellent recipe- this will be my go-to anytime I want to make homemade mac & cheese. I used crushed Ritz crackers instead of cornbread crackers and it was delicious. For those that think it may be bland, sprinkle some red pepper flakes on. I always use them on any mac & cheese I eat."