- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed cornbread-flavored crackers (about 6 crackers)
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 3-4 minutes; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt until smooth; gradually stir in evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in 2 cups cheese.
- Place half of the macaroni and broccoli in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Mac & Cheese Bake
Sort By :
"Very tasty! Will definitely make this again and again."
"This was fairly bland for sure. I don't think I'll make this again."
"This is pretty good! I used Ritz crackers. I'll make it again, but probably not for company. Good as a last minute thing. Usually have all of the ingredients on hand!"
"So easy to make and my kids ate all of it. I'll definitely be making this dish again."
"I added 1/2 cup of Parmesan because I only had 2 cups of cheddar. I also added 1 plank of salmon (cooked and shredded). Instead of layering it, I mixed all the ingredients together. And I used garlic butter Keebler crackers. It turned out great!"