- 5-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Place broccoli in a steamer basket over water; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook onions in oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds longer. Reduce heat. Add the broccoli, lemon juice, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Add mushrooms. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Italiano in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p29
Reviews for Broccoli Italiano
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2016
"Been making this since 2009, LOVE it. Sorry it took SO long to post."