Broccoli in Herbed Butter Recipe
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into spears
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried thyme, marjoram and savory
- 1. Cook broccoli until crisp-tender. Melt butter; add lemon juice, onion, salt and herbs. Drain broccoli and place in a serving dish. Add butter mixture; stir to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 51 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Broccoli in Herbed Butter
"I admit that I had adjusted this recipe! I hadn't the broccoli spears, so I'd used 2 cups of broccoli florets (frozen), 1-1/2 tsp. lemon juice, 1/4 of a finely chopped onion, 1/4 tsp. salt. I'd used a seasoned herb blend since I hadn't the savory or marjoram on hand. The butter was kept the same. I used my microwave oven to cook the vegetables with 2 Tbsp. water for 2 minutes, then 3 more minutes.I melted the butter and added the onion, lemon juice, herb seasoning and salt. I drained vegetables and added the herb butter; stirred together. This is a tasty side dish! Thank you for sharing! delowenstein"