Broccoli-Hazelnut Bake Recipe
Oregon's fertile Willamette Valley produces a lot of hazelnuts, and this is one of my favorite recipes that calls for them. I love to experiment with recipes, and this vegetable dish is the result of one of my experiments.
- 8 cups chopped fresh broccoli or 2 packages (10 ounces each) chopped frozen broccoli
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup chopped hazelnuts or filberts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and broccoli to a boil; Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and bouillon, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Drain broccoli; add to sauce; gently toss to coat. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. In large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, water and nuts.
- Melt the remaining butter; pour over stuffing mixture and toss to coat. Spoon over broccoli. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Hazelnut Bake in Country April/May 1996, p51
Reviews for Broccoli-Hazelnut Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review