Broccoli-Hazelnut Bake Recipe
Oregon's fertile Willamette Valley produces a lot of hazelnuts, and this is one of my favorite recipes that calls for them. I love to experiment with recipes, and this vegetable dish is the result of one of my experiments.
- 8 cups chopped fresh broccoli or 2 packages (10 ounces each) chopped frozen broccoli
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 cup herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup chopped hazelnuts or filberts, toasted
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1 in. of water and broccoli to a boil; Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk and bouillon, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- 3. Drain broccoli; add to sauce; gently toss to coat. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. In large bowl, combine the stuffing mix, water and nuts.
- 4. Melt the remaining butter; pour over stuffing mixture and toss to coat. Spoon over broccoli. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 281 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 602mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Broccoli-Hazelnut Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC