In Goldsboro, North Carolina, Joy Vincent prepares this flavorful quiche for breakfast or dinner. "Since we have six children, I rely on quick nutritious dishes like this one," she says. "I like to vary it by adding ham or bacon."
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Press the hash browns onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate, forming a shell. Sprinkle with broccoli.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sour cream and salt; stir in cheese. Pour over broccoli.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Hash Brown Quiche in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p16
Reviews for Broccoli Hash Brown Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2016
"Good recipe but had to make a few changes. Definitely needed a stronger cheese taste such as a sharp cheddar instead of the Colby. Also used fresh broccoli instead of frozen since I had it on hand. Other than that a good recipe."