Broccoli Ham Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. Place broccoli and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until the broccoli is tender, stirring once. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In another microwave-safe bowl, heat butter, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds or until melted. Add onion; cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring once.
- 3. Add the ham, sour cream, mushrooms and reserved broccoli; mix well. Cook, uncovered, on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 310 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 1412mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Ham Stroganoff
"I made it with wheat flour and added feta cheese, garlic powder, and a dash of season salt. The feta cheese gave it a salty flavor boost that it was lacking since I used homemade low sodium chicken broth I used Will make again. I probably could have saved time doing it all on the stove top."
"A great new twist to stroganoff! Yumm!"
"Very handy for left -over ham."
"I didn't have enough sour cream so made up the differecne with Lemon Yogurt. My husband was pleased with the result. I always like it when an emergency substitution yields a new way to prepare a recipe."
"I had to reread the recipe several times, no milk? There is the chicken broth, but the sour cream taste is prominent. It has too much of a twang to it(my husband and daughter agreed), will have to doctor it up."
"...serve with cottage cheese and canned or fresh fruits. YUM"
"This has become a family favorite. I make it at least twice a month. I OFTEN PREPARE IT, PUT IT IN A GIANT ZIPLOCK BAG & FREEZE IT. Then it comes out of the freezer at breakfast time (or run the bag under warm water to defrost quickly) and I "heat it through" while the noodles are cooking. easy & DELICIOUS!!"