Broccoli Ham Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked noodles
- 1. Place broccoli and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until the broccoli is tender, stirring once. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. In another microwave-safe bowl, heat butter, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds or until melted. Add onion; cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring once.
- 3. Add the ham, sour cream, mushrooms and reserved broccoli; mix well. Cook, uncovered, on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 310 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 1412mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein .
Reviews for Broccoli Ham Stroganoff
"I made it with wheat flour and added feta cheese, garlic powder, and a dash of season salt. The feta cheese gave it a salty flavor boost that it was lacking since I used homemade low sodium chicken broth I used Will make again. I probably could have saved time doing it all on the stove top."
"A great new twist to stroganoff! Yumm!"
"Very handy for left -over ham."
"I didn't have enough sour cream so made up the differecne with Lemon Yogurt. My husband was pleased with the result. I always like it when an emergency substitution yields a new way to prepare a recipe."
"I had to reread the recipe several times, no milk? There is the chicken broth, but the sour cream taste is prominent. It has too much of a twang to it(my husband and daughter agreed), will have to doctor it up."
"...serve with cottage cheese and canned or fresh fruits. YUM"
"This has become a family favorite. I make it at least twice a month. I OFTEN PREPARE IT, PUT IT IN A GIANT ZIPLOCK BAG & FREEZE IT. Then it comes out of the freezer at breakfast time (or run the bag under warm water to defrost quickly) and I "heat it through" while the noodles are cooking. EASY & DELICIOUS!!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer