Broccoli Ham Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- Hot cooked noodles
- Place broccoli and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until the broccoli is tender, stirring once. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat butter, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds or until melted. Add onion; cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth; mix well. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring once.
- Add the ham, sour cream, mushrooms and reserved broccoli; mix well. Cook, uncovered, on high for 2-4 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Broccoli Ham Stroganoff(7)
Sort By :
I made it with wheat flour and added feta cheese, garlic powder, and a dash of season salt. The feta cheese gave it a salty flavor boost that it was lacking since I used homemade low sodium chicken broth I used Will make again. I probably could have saved time doing it all on the stove top.
A great new twist to stroganoff! Yumm!
Very handy for left -over ham.
I didn't have enough sour cream so made up the differecne with Lemon Yogurt. My husband was pleased with the result. I always like it when an emergency substitution yields a new way to prepare a recipe.
I had to reread the recipe several times, no milk? There is the chicken broth, but the sour cream taste is prominent. It has too much of a twang to it(my husband and daughter agreed), will have to doctor it up.