This rich quiche recipe is featured in a family cookbook I compiled. It's attractive enough to serve for a company brunch...and it tastes terrific. My husband is proof that quiche can satisfy even a man-sized appetite!
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Toss cheeses with flour; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion and seasonings. Stir in the ham, broccoli and cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Ham Quiche in Country Woman January/February 2001, p31
Reviews for Broccoli Ham Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review