- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Toss cheeses with flour; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion and seasonings. Stir in the ham, broccoli and cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Broccoli Ham Quiche
Sort By :
Even though I didn't make the crust and used 1/2 and 1/2 Creamo in place of milk, this was a very tasty quiche and I'd definitely make it again. I might add a bit more ham and broccoli the next time, but a keeper nonetheless.
A great way to use some of the leftover Christmas or Easter ham.
This is the most flavorful quiche I have ever made. I made it for a group of ladies and they raved over it. Love the spices in it! Delicious!
We'ew not big fans of rosemary, so I left that out. And I substituted some locally made cheddar. Very good! Also, I made extra filing and baked some quiche muffins, which were a great breakfast the next morning. Going to try with asparagus instead of broccoli next time.
So I am not a good cook--I hardly ever make anything that doesn't come out of a box or my freezer. But I wanted a quiche. This one was DELICIOUS. It took much longer to cook than it said in the recipe, but I imagine that's probably a fault of my oven. It still came out great. Love the herbs added to it, mmm.