- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Toss cheeses with flour; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, onion and seasonings. Stir in the ham, broccoli and cheese mixture. Pour into prepared crust.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Broccoli Ham Quiche
Sort By :
"Yet another flawed recipe on this site. You must grease the foil or it will stick to the pastry. Also there is way too much liquid and it overflows when you fill the crust. I would cut the milk down to 3/4 to 1 cup."
"Even though I didn't make the crust and used 1/2 and 1/2 Creamo in place of milk, this was a very tasty quiche and I'd definitely make it again. I might add a bit more ham and broccoli the next time, but a keeper nonetheless."
"A great way to use some of the leftover Christmas or Easter ham."
"This is the most flavorful quiche I have ever made. I made it for a group of ladies and they raved over it. Love the spices in it! Delicious!"
"We'ew not big fans of rosemary, so I left that out. And I substituted some locally made cheddar. Very good! Also, I made extra filing and baked some quiche muffins, which were a great breakfast the next morning. Going to try with asparagus instead of broccoli next time."