Broccoli Ham Pockets
This hearty sandwich not only tastes great, it's attractive, too. The creamy filling has wonderful flavor.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the ham, broccoli, cheese, pepper,
- mayonnaise and mustard if desired. Unroll, crescent dough into two
- rectangles; seal seams and perforations. Spread filling down center
- of each rectangle. Fold dough over filling and pinch to seal; tuck
- ends under.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with
- egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes
- or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 406 calories, 28 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 906 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 12 g protein.