This hearty sandwich not only tastes great, it's attractive, too. The creamy filling has wonderful flavor.
- 1/3 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard, optional
- 1 tube (4 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the ham, broccoli, cheese, pepper, mayonnaise and mustard if desired. Unroll, crescent dough into two rectangles; seal seams and perforations. Spread filling down center of each rectangle. Fold dough over filling and pinch to seal; tuck ends under.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with egg white; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Ham Pockets in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p50
Reviews for Broccoli Ham Pockets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review