Broccoli-Ham Cheese Pie Recipe
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- Refrigerated butter-flavored spray
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and patted dry
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked lean ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Spritz one sheet of phyllo dough with butter-flavored spray. Place in a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray; allow one end of dough to overhang edge of plate by 3-4 in. (Until ready to use, keep phyllo dough covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent drying out.) Repeat with remaining phyllo, overlapping the sheets (staggering the points around the plate) and spritzing with butter-flavored spray between each layer.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, ham, cheese, onion, parsley, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper; spoon into crust. Combine egg substitute and milk; pour over broccoli mixture. Fold edges of dough over filling toward center of pie plate. Spritz edges with butter-flavored spray.
- 3. Cover edge of crust with foil. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice: 232 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 882mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 21g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli-Ham Cheese Pie
"This is a staple in our house. It is delicious and parts of it can be made ahead of time and then quickly assembled. I highly recommend this!"