Broccoli Ham Bake Recipe
Looking for a family-pleasing way to use up extra ham? Try this quick casserole that even will satisfy folks not fond of broccoli. “Our minister's wife served this and was kind enough to share the recipe,” recalls Helen Phillips of Greensburg, Indiana. “It's very good.” TIP: Feel free to replace the stuffing croutons with crushed stuffing mix.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes, divided
- 1. Cook broccoli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- 2. Drain the broccoli. Add broccoli, ham and 1 cup stuffing mix to cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with remaining stuffing mix. Sprinkle around edge of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 454 calories, 27 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 1,445 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC