Broccoli Ham Bake Recipe
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes, divided
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain the broccoli. Add broccoli, ham and 1 cup stuffing mix to cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with remaining stuffing mix. Sprinkle around edge of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Ham Bake(2)
Sort By :
Will plan on making again, although with personal changea and/or additions: 3 cups fresh broccoli crowns, 2 cups milk, swiss cheese, 1/2 cup or so black olives, and 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms. We prefer swiss cheese to cheddar in this dish. Thank you again for sharing! K.
Very tasty combination... I added fresh garlic when sauteing the onions and also added some salt to the cheese sauce... Glad I chose this recipe to use up my leftover ham from Christmas!