Looking for a family-pleasing way to use up extra ham? Try this quick casserole that even will satisfy folks not fond of broccoli. “Our minister's wife served this and was kind enough to share the recipe,” recalls Helen Phillips of Greensburg, Indiana. “It's very good.” TIP: Feel free to replace the stuffing croutons with crushed stuffing mix.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-1/2 cups seasoned stuffing cubes, divided
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted.
- Drain the broccoli. Add broccoli, ham and 1 cup stuffing mix to cheese sauce. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; toss with remaining stuffing mix. Sprinkle around edge of casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Ham Bake in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p46
Reviews for Broccoli Ham Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review