Broccoli Grape Salad
This lovely broccoli salad makes ordinary luncheons dressy affairs. The recipe comes from Nancy Warman of Centerville, Ohio.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red or green grapes, halved
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, grapes, celery and raisins. In
- a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar and vinegar.
- Pour over broccoli mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in sunflower kernels.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 145 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 120 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.