Broccoli Garbanzo Salad
This is a fun and different side dish. This salad goes well with Mexican and Italian food. It's a nice change of pace from lettuceand does not take much prep work.Elizabeth Freise, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4-1/2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a
- saucepan. Cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Rinse
- with cold water; drain and place in a bowl. Add the garbanzo beans
- and olives. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 152 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 494 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.