Broccoli Fish Bundles Recipe
- 18 fresh broccoli spears (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 6 Monterey Jack cheese cubes
- 6 sole or flounder fillets (about 2 pounds)
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning, optional
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, place broccoli in a small amount of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain.
- 2. For each bundle, place a cheese cube on three spears. Wrap with a fish fillet and fasten with a toothpick if necessary. Place on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper if desired. Bake at 350° for 15-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine butter, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer fish bundles to a serving platter; remove toothpicks. Drizzle with butter mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 354 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 510 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Fish Bundles
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.