This simple recipe is one of my favorites. The flavor is great, and it can be prepared in a very short time. Sometimes I add shrimp for a change and to make a heartier meal.
-Dorothy Elliott, DeKalb, Illinois
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- skillet, stir-fry the broccoli and onions in oil for 3 minutes. Add
- the tomatoes, oregano, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring
- to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Drain fettuccine; top with broccoli
- mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 318 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 442 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 13 g protein.