This simple recipe is one of my favorites. The flavor is great, and it can be prepared in a very short time. Sometimes I add shrimp for a change and to make a heartier meal. -Dorothy Elliott, DeKalb, Illinois
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, stir-fry the broccoli and onions in oil for 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, oregano, thyme and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Drain fettuccine; top with broccoli mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Fettuccine in Reminisce Extra June 2001, p52
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Broccoli Fettuccine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review