- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) corn bread stuffing mix
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the water, 1/4 cup butter and seasoning packet from stuffing mixes; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; add stuffing crumbs and toss. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Spoon stuffing around edges of greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place broccoli spears in center of dish. In a saucepan over medium heat, melt remaining butter. Stir in the flour, bouillon and salt until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Add onions; mix well. Pour over broccoli. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Elegant(2)
Sort By :
I prepared it the day before and put it in an electric roasting pan. Next year I may try it in the crockpot. Everyone loved it! I would definitely make this again.
I've been making this ever since it came out in the first Country Woman Christmas book in 1996. Each year my extended family asks me to bring it to our Christmas dinner. I highly recommend it.