Broccoli Egg Cups Recipe
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. Grease six 8-oz. ramekins; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk 4 eggs, cream, cheese, parsley, salt, basil and cayenne; pour into prepared dishes. Break an egg into each dish; arrange broccoli around each egg.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 256 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 397 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Egg Cups
"Has anyone tried this with frozen broccoli?"
"sorry that was a DUH it makes six not four"
"why does it call for 10 eggs when you only use 8"
"Mommom, you should be able to lighten it up with EggBeaters, and Fat Free half and half. I haven't tried it with this recipe, but generally have good results doing that"
"is there a lighter version?"
"we had this today for dinner... it was yummier than I expected! will make again :-)"
"this was very light and fluffy goodness!"
"yes this is really nice recipe. I like it very much."