- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 10 eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Grease six 8-oz. ramekins; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place broccoli in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, whisk 4 eggs, cream, cheese, parsley, salt, basil and cayenne; pour into prepared dishes. Break an egg into each dish; arrange broccoli around each egg.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until set. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Egg Cups
Sort By :
Has anyone tried this with frozen broccoli?
sorry that was a DUH it makes six not four
why does it call for 10 eggs when you only use 8
Mommom, you should be able to lighten it up with EggBeaters, and Fat Free half and half. I haven't tried it with this recipe, but generally have good results doing that
is there a lighter version?