Broccoli Delight Salad
I received this recipe at a church dinner. Now, whenever I take it to a dinner, I end up giving it out again and again. Try bringing this to your next potluck supper...I'm sure you'll be busy giving out the recipe, too.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 5 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, raisins and onion. In a small
- bowl, combine sugar, vinegar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli;
- toss to coat. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon
- and sunflower seeds; toss. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 403 calories, 36 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.